Sunday, April 12, 2009

Obituary - Sunday Los Angeles Times

Hello.

Andrea's obituary was in the Los Angeles Times today. Here's a link:

http://www.legacy.com/latimes/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=125994426

but the body copy follows (I kept it simple):

Andrea Petker Brothers, 52, of Glendale on April 9th after a long and valiant struggle against ovarian cancer. Born In Los Angeles, Andrea was the wife of Stan Bzura Brothers and a gracious woman of extraordinary warmth and generosity of spirit whose concern for others in all stations of life generated scores of enduring friendships. She was a longtime salesperson in the Los Angeles printing world who was recently given the lifetime achievement award from APALA. A Pitzer graduate who also had an MBA from Pepperdine, Ms. Brothers represented printers and paper companies and represented Schawk! Los Angeles at the time of her death. She is survived by husband Stan, son Jack, mother Harriet Petrisky of Los Angeles, twin sister Stephanie Sajjadieh, niece Olivia and step-mother Joyce Johnson. Details of a memorial service in late April or May will be posted at http://updateonandrea.blogspot.com


Jack and I just returned from a fun brunch and Easter Egg Hunt. It's been a quiet day, but very pleasant.

2 comments:

  1. hi Stan, Steph and family,, I keep shifting foot to foot whether to say anything and decided I have to. I must come to the memorial, and the only day that is impossible for me is May 2nd. I'll be torn in 2 if I had to choose between book launch party (with 250+ attendees) and memorial. So - I decided to risk sounding self centered and put this into the calendar pot. I hope, I hope you will have it another day. Even the 3rd would work. Thanks.

    love you guys,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful obituary! It captures the lovely person she was!

    ReplyDelete