Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Tuesday / Tues. Night

Hi, All.

I started this morning's post last night, so it mistakenly says "Monday" above the "Thanks, Patagonia People" at the bottom of this post, but I was writing about this morning.

We had a good day today. A nice visit with Nancy and no nausea to speak of, minimal pain and a fair amount of lucidity, although Andrea just told me she had consulted with Dolly Parton about what to wear to some lunch this weekend, because, you know, it's going to be hot. This after we were talking normally about the night's pills and other routine things. Very different. When Andrea told me about the conversation with Dolly Parton she already knew it wasn't real.

So what WOULD Dolly Parton wear to a hot-weather lunch?

I don't know, but she might have a root-beer float, as Andrea did today. She had a sudden craving, so of course I was off to the store in a flash. I don't think she drank much, but she said it was good.

Ms. Brothers declined an Ambien tonight, but I still have a slight headache, so maybe I'll take something.

Sleep well.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Root beer floats were our dad's favorite.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dears, I wanted to wish you all sweet dreams. It's all so bittersweet. Every day that Andrea's here is a blessing,and each day gets so much more difficult for her.

    Steph, that interesting about your dad and root beer floats. Who knows...

    Love to all, may you have a deeply restful, pain free night.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolly's hot-weather lunch outfit: A pink fringed deep cleavage suede vest over a white frilly short sleeved shirt. Matching skirt with rhinestones, and 6 inch handmade pumps with the initials DP stitched on the side with silver thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and she would sing a perfect country song without a drop of sweat running down her face!!!

    ReplyDelete